One of the most incredible thing that happens every week here at Southland is that we ask everyone in attendance to give an extra dollar so that we can generously extend hope to a family in Central Kentucky. Over the past few weeks, here are some of the ways we’ve helped families in need.
- A single Haitian mother living in Lexington recently lost her son who was attending college in another state. The Dollar Club helped to bring her son’s body back home as well as pay for funeral expenses.
- A single mom that had been in a relationship with an abusive partner has recently escaped that environment. The Dollar Club helped her to pay for childcare so that she could find and accept a full-time job.
- A single mother of four recently had one of her children diagnosed with a condition in which the child’s abdomen and heart developed in reverse positions. The Dollar Club helped her to pay medical and living expenses.
- A young lady who has been battling addiction for years has recently completed rehab. Wanting to maintain her sobriety, she is moving into a sober living house. The Dollar Club helped her to pay for moving expenses and for the monthly fees of the sober living house.
- A woman was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy. At the beginning of 2018, she started chemotherapy treatments and went on disability. However, she had to go back to work as the disability payments were not sufficiently paying the bills. The Dollar Club helped her to pay both medical and living expenses so that she could take the necessary time to focus on recovery.
Thanks to your generosity, we've been able to Extend Hope to those in need and radically change their lives. It is our prayer that these gifts will bless their lives in such a way that they will also embrace the greatest gift of all, thus changing their lives for eternity!