At the beginning of 2021, we launched a monthly night of prayer and worship called PRAY FIRST. Our intention was to elevate prayer in our personal lives and as a campus. I believe prayer is an open door into the presence of our God and Creator, where we can praise Him for who He is, thank Him for His goodness, confess our sins, find forgiveness, bring our deepest concerns, our silent fears, and our heartfelt desires to place before Him. Prayer is an invitation for real people to express real needs to a listening, loving Father and experience real, tangible answers. On these nights, we spent time praying for our world, our families, our church, and those who need the hope of Jesus in their lives. We prayed because we realize that prayer is our responsibility. 2 Chronicles 7:14-15 says, "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer in this place."
As we enter 2022, my heart and passion for us to pray hasn't changed. In fact, my desire is for us to be even more intentional as a campus to pray and grow in prayer together. So with that being said, we are going to offer PRAY FIRST four times this year instead of twelve, which will allow us to pour more energy and intentionality into those nights. We will meet on these dates:
- Thursday, February 3rd
- Friday, April 15th — a special Good Friday Night of Prayer
- Thursday, September 1st
- Thursday, November 3rd — a special Night of Gratitude
Each of these nights of worship and prayer will take place in Parkside Theater from 6:30pm-7:30pm. So make sure you mark your calendar in advance for these nights.
Below is a list of things I want you to be informed about and experience with us in the coming weeks. And as always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MENTORING January is National Mentoring Month! We are so thankful to have our partnership with Breckinridge Elementary. Right now, we have 31 students who are on the waitlist and need a mentor! If you want to extend hope and pour into our next generation by sacrificing 30 minutes a week, we would LOVE to have you join our mentoring program! If you are interested, you can start the volunteer process by going to southland.church/volunteer or emailing Hope Mansur, our Local Outreach Leader, at email@example.com
- FAMILY FUN NIGHT! Our Children’s Ministry has planned an incredible event for you and your kiddos! Join us for Family Fun Night at our campus on Friday, February 4th from 6-8pm! Bring your family and invite your friends for a free night of fun activities and food.
- YOUNG ADULTS CONFERENCE!!! Mark your calendar! If you are ages 18-30, you won't want to miss Southland's Young Adults Conference: EXPLICIT happening on February 11th & 12th. We will be talking about sex, dating, and marriage, which are often celebrated as paths for personal gain and personal truth. However, when we pursue our desires and relationships in ways that are encouraged by celebrities, influencers, and culture, why are we left with a tangible feeling of disappointment, shame, and disgust—all far cries from what we were promised? There is a promise of peace amidst the chaos and confusion. There is a path that leads to life. Tucked away in the Old Testament is an explicit song about attraction, dating, desire, romance, love, marriage, sex, conflict, and commitment. As we study Solomon’s Song together, at Southland’s Young Adults Conference, you will laugh, you will blush, and you will be encouraged to pursue sex, dating, and marriage in a healthy and regret-free way. For more info and to register for FREE, visit: southland.church/explicit
- ORPHAN CARE ALLIANCE OPPORTUNITIES:
- LIFE COACH TRAINING! As you probably know, kids age out of the foster care system daily without ever finding their forever family. So we want to partner with Orphan Care Alliance to provide one-on-one coaching for those kids and young adults. Come and hear about the amazing opportunities and see how you can make a difference in their lives. Join us in the Glass Classroom here at the Lexington Campus on Thursday, February 17th, from 7-8:30pm. To register for this event, click here.
- INTERESTED IN ADOPTING? Have you ever considered adoption? We want to offer an informational meeting that will help you understand all of the different types of adoptions, the cost associated with those adoptions, and a foundation of knowledge about adoption! Whether you have your mind made up to adopt or you’re at the beginning stages, this class will cover each of the following adoption options: International Adoption, Private/Domestic, Embryo Adoption, Foster to Adopt. Join us in the Cafe here at the Lexington Campus on Thursday, February 17th, from 7-8:30pm. For more info and to register for this event, click here.
- INTERESTED IN FOSTER CARE? We’re offering biblically-based foster care certification training through our partners at Orphan Care Alliance.
- First, join us for an informational meeting in the Cafe at the Lexington Campus on Tuesday, March 1st, from 6-8pm. We want to arm you with all the information needed when it comes to foster care in the state of Kentucky. For more info and to register for this event, click here. (This meeting is the first two required hours of training before the certification sessions mentioned below.)
- After the informational meeting, there are two training sessions to attend in order to become a certified foster parent in the state of KY. The first session will be Saturday, March 5th, from 9am-5pm, and the second session will be Saturday, March 12th, from 9am-4pm. Both sessions are required to be certified. For more info and to register for these training sessions, click here.
Thank you for taking steps as you live your life With Jesus at the center, In biblical Community, and On Mission!
Jason Eaton | Lexington Campus Pastor