In increasingly uncertain times, we know a few things are certain: God is still good, and He is still in control. We know that our summer trips impact hundreds of students each year and we know Christ In Youth is the best organization in the country to partner with for these experiences.
As is the case for many of you, there are a few things we are not sure of:
- We’re not certain if our summer trips will happen in-person as scheduled.
- We have been in communication with CIY, and their plans are to have their summer experiences (MIX & MOVE) as scheduled in our planned venues.
- Southland is continually monitoring the situation, and as of today, we are still planning on going to MIX and MOVE as regularly scheduled.
- We know this is subject to change any day. Thank you for your patience with us as we continue to discern what the wisest decision is for our summer trips.
- We’re not certain what will happen financially if the trips are canceled.
- Southland currently has signed contracts with multiple companies and organizations to ensure that CIY is the best experience for our students.
- Through the generosity of Southland givers during our year-end offering, we subsidize the cost of our summer trips significantly. Those dollars are earmarked and available for use for our trips.
- If our trips are canceled our hope is the financial impact will be as minimal as possible for the families who have already registered.
A few things we are doing to help alleviate the burden of deciding today if you will sign up your student is:
- We are eliminating the price jump initially set for May 1. Our trips will remain $299 for MIX and $499 for MOVE through our May 15 registration deadline.
- If your family is currently enduring financial hardship, we have financial assistance available. You can contact your campuses Student Pastor for more information on how to register.
We understand the uncertain times we’re in, but we still believe in God’s faithfulness! We’re planning as if we will be leading hundreds of students through massively life-changing events this summer but will listen carefully to guidance from our governing authorities. Please continue to pray for us, as we are navigating uncharted waters and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.
Thanks for partnering with us, grace and peace,
The Southland Students Team